Pharmacy Error Lawyers

Current news on prescription errors and pharmacy mistakes nationwide

Walgreens mislabeled dosage of methodone; toxic levels ingested as a result

Posted on Sep 16, 2011

My mother was given methadone to control chronic pain last year. The doctor wrote the prescription for 10 milligrams, and she was supposed to take four of them twice a day. The Walgreens pharmacy labeled it wrong, giving instructions to take four as needed for pain. She took her methadone for a whole day, and then died from methadone toxicity. She was only 56 years old. I found her on the kitchen floor two days later when I went over to check on her.
I don't understand how a medication error like this can happen. Walgreens keeps telling us they have systems in place to check this and keep people safe, but they failed. The pharmacist should be sued for malpractice. Walgreens should be shut down forever! There is no excuse for a medication mistake like this. I'm never going to have my mother's company again. They can never fix this, and they are responsible for giving her too much medication and causing her death.

back to top

Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation about your employment law needs.




Tell us more:*

Kennedy Hodges LLP

Kennedy Hodges, LLP

711 W. Alabama Street
Houston, Texas 77006
Phone: 713-523-0001
Fax: 713-523-1116
Toll Free: 888-449-2068
Get Directions

Galvin B. Kennedy
Galvin B. Kennedy
View lawyer's profile
David Wayne Hodges
David Wayne Hodges
View lawyer's profile

follow us on:

  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube


  • When I went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription the pharmacy put two different medications in the bottle, including one I was not supposed to take...
  • A pharmacy gave me the wrong instructions on some medication for my son and he got sick. I needed legal help and even though they were in a different state than where I live they were able to take my case...

View All