My mother was given methadone to control chronic pain last year. The doctor wrote the prescription for 10 milligrams, and she was supposed to take four of them twice a day. The Walgreens pharmacy labeled it wrong, giving instructions to take four as needed for pain. She took her methadone for a whole day, and then died from methadone toxicity. She was only 56 years old. I found her on the kitchen floor two days later when I went over to check on her.
I don't understand how a medication error like this can happen. Walgreens keeps telling us they have systems in place to check this and keep people safe, but they failed. The pharmacist should be sued for malpractice. Walgreens should be shut down forever! There is no excuse for a medication mistake like this. I'm never going to have my mother's company again. They can never fix this, and they are responsible for giving her too much medication and causing her death.
Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation about your employment law needs.
Kennedy Hodges, LLP
711 W. Alabama Street
Houston, Texas 77006
Toll Free: 888-449-2068