Go to navigation Go to content

Types of Errors

Dangerous and Defective Drugs If you put your trust in a pharmaceutical company and were hurt by their product, you deserve compensation for your suffering.
Wrong Medication Did you receive the wrong medication or incorrect prescription from a pharmacy? If you have suffered because of a medication error please call us for a free case review.
Wrong Dosage Common forms of medication error: incorrect dosage error. Order our free book to learn how to protect yourself and your family from wrong dosage errors.
Other Errors Order our free book, "How to Make Pharmacies Pay for your Injuries Caused by Medication Errors, to learn your rights in prescription error cases.
Kids Rx Errors Order a free copy of The Top 10 Tips to Protect Your Children Against Pharmacy Errors. If you have suffered a prescription error contact our firm today.
Pharmacy Malpractice If you have suffered an injury because a pharmacy dispensed the wrong medication or made an error with your prescription, you are able to file a claim for negligence or malpractice and receive the compensation you deserve.
Walgreens Pharmacy Error Claims There have been numerous claims brought against Walgreens for pharmacy errors or prescription errors. Order our free book to learn how to take action.
CVS Pharmacy Error Claims If you've been injured because of a CVS Pharmacy prescription error, call us for help with your lawsuit at 888-526-7616.
State Pharmacy Boards If you have been severely injured because of a medication error, contact board-certified attorneys immediately to investigate your case free of charge.
Drug & Pharmacy Error Prevention Filing a pharmacy error lawsuit is the only way to make pharmacies take accountability for mistakes. Call our board certified attorneys for a free case review.
State Pharmacy Laws State laws on pharmacy malpractice. Learn the pharmacy error Statute of Limitation laws that apply to your state. Call 877-342-2020 for a free consultation.

Prescription Drug Errors Can Cause Miscarriage in Pregnant Women

David W. Hodges
Connect with me
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Google+
Partner at Kennedy Hodges LLP practicing pharmacy error, medical malpractice and personal injury law
Comments (0)

Many children's prescription errors will not cause permanent damage. But some cases result in the unthinkable - the loss of an infant.
Florida hosital under fire for claims Prostin mix-up caused two women to miscarry
A Florida hospital recently came under fire for causing miscarriage and premature birth for two pregnant women in the same day. The hospital, operated by Tenet Healthcare Corporation, made a common prescription mistake, switching out two similarly named medications with disastrous results.
In both cases, the nurses administered Prostin, a drug which is used to induce labor and is often given to patients whose children have died in the womb. The women, both on bed rest in St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, were supposed to receive suppositories of progesterone in order to prevent premature delivery.
The drug error caused the first mother to lose her unborn twins.
Just a few hours later, the hospital made the same mistake again, causing another mother to give birth to her daughter four months early. The premature baby suffered severe brain damage and remains under constant hospital care.
The National Academies' Institute of Medicine estimates that 400,000 drug-related injuries occur every year, with look-alike and sound-alike drugs a particular source of concern.
The cases above are tragic - and worst of all, entirely preventable - and the families of the victims have our sincere condolences.
If your child has suffered from a medication error, contact a board certified prescription drug error lawyer at Kennedy Hodges today at 888-526-7616. We have helped clients nationwide recover compensation for prescription error injuries.
Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.